The Dog Groomers Association of Western Australia, Inc. (DGAWA) is the largest grooming specific association in Australia. It was founded in 2010 by a collection of like minded professional groomers that saw the need for an association to support other groomers, educate the public, and help improve the industry.
Members of the DGAWA are encouraged to continuously improve their skills by attending seminars, workshops, webinars etc. Our members have access to industry support and advice. They have agreed to abide by our Constitution and Code of Ethics which outlines how pets are treated, and how we conduct ourselves in business. These documents are available on this website here:
When selecting a DGAWA member to groom your pet, you will be selecting an informed and educated professional that has access to the most up to date training and information and has agreed to abide by our Code of Ethics.
If you are looking to employ a Groomer or are a Groomer seeking work Click Here to check out our employment section.
Download a PDF of this Mission Statement here
The Dog Groomers Association of Western Australia, Inc. (“DGAWA”) Mission is to Set Higher Professional and Humane Standards for the Pet Grooming Industry in Western Australia.
All members of DGAWA have agreed to aim to:
• Continually raise the standard of pet grooming in WA;
• Participate in professional advancement through networking, workshops and seminars;
• Encourage ongoing support and sharing of knowledge and expertise;
• Enhance the feeling of community amongst pet groomers;
• Assist owners with dogs who need help beyond my own scope of expertise and qualifications to find the right professional to assist them;
• Educate clients on the importance of regularly grooming their pets with a DGAWA groomer so they can be confident of receiving consistent, compassionate, and professional care for their pet, every time;
• Treat all animals entrusted to us humanely – their health, safety, care, and comfort is our primary concern; and
• Encourage responsible pet ownership.
DGAWA promotes high ethical standards in all areas and expects all members to:
• Comply with all OHS/WHS (Occupational/Workplace Health and Safety) legislation for the health and safety of all employees, clients and animals in the workplace;
• Respect all Federal, State, and Local laws regulating the companion animal industry;
• Generate a culture of professionalism by affording courtesy, respect, and fair treatment to all individuals;
• Follow and adhere to the DGAWA Professional Standards System (Code for Professional Conduct, Qualification Standards, and WHSE Guidelines).